Hempstead Rebirth, is a faith-based 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit, community development organization formed in June 2000 by Pastor Curtis Riley.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life of residents and businesses in and around the Village of Hempstead, the Hub, and the Long Island region through community and economic development strategies that leverage resources for neighborhood improvement and sustainability.
- Help revitalize and rebuild the Village of Hempstead.
- Enhance the physical environment of the neighborhoods.
- Provide low and moderate income individuals with proper business related information and connecting them to the appropriate resources.
- Create jobs and increase income for the residents.
- Provide strategies to assist the youth and give them the opportunity and hope to reach their full potential for success through good citizenship.
- Strengthen the social bonds of the communities.
What do we see? We see Healthy and Sustainable Neighborhoods within the Village of Hempstead and in the surrounding communities.
In a word, Hempstead Rebirth is about sustainable development. What sustainable development? Sustainable development incorporates the environmental, social and economic well being of a society. Our programs and services take into account these three vital aspects of community life.