Hempstead Rebirth, is a faith-based 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit, community development organization formed in June 2000 by Pastor Curtis Riley.
Our Mission is to provide and assist in the housing and economic development of low-to- moderate income individuals, families and small businesses through community development, building strategies leveraging the resources available to us."
- Help revitalize and rebuild the Village of Hempstead.
- Enhance the physical environment of the neighborhoods.
- Provide low and moderate income individuals with proper business related information and connecting them to the appropriate resources.
- Create jobs and increase income for the residents.
- Provide strategies to assist the youth and give them the opportunity and hope to reach their full potential for success through good citizenship.
- Strengthen the social bonds of the communities.
What do we see? We see Healthy and Sustainable Neighborhoods within the Village of Hempstead and in the surrounding communities.
In a word, Hempstead Rebirth is about sustainable development. What sustainable development? Sustainable development incorporates the environmental, social and economic well being of a society. Our programs and services take into account these three vital aspects of community life.